Nowadays, diabetes is a very common disease.
You probably already know someone that has diabetes. It’s not a surprise because it seems that it’s almost an epidemic.
The diabetes is a condition in which our bodies have high levels of blood sugar due to two things: the body does not produce insulin or it does not respond to the insulinwell.
The first form of diabetes is diabetes type 1 and the second one is diabetes type 2, which is present in 90 to 95 % of the cases of diabetes. This condition has to be taken seriously, because once you discover you have it, your whole life will change. Depending on the type of diabetes, the person can be prescribed with oral medications, insulin injections or both.
If the diabetes has not been diagnosed, it can be a silent killer.
Serious cases of the diabetes can lead to heart diseases, the hypoglycemia, blurry vision, and even amputation of the extremities.
That’s why it is very important that we have our regular blood tests, even if we’ve done them30 years ago, because this illness does not choose age. Young people and old men turn out to be affected equally.
There are five factors that can cause diabetes and two of them cannot be controlled:
- Slightly healthy nutritive habits:That’s a life style that includes a diet rich in sugar, processed food, carbohydrates and red meat.
- Absence of exercise: A recently conducted study showed that the absence of exercise lowers the capacity of sensitive response of the body to insulin, which is one of the causes for diabetes.
- Genes: Another common way of obtaining diabetes is hereditary. If some of your parents has diabetes, you are at a great risk to have diabetes, too, so you must be very careful.
- Ethnic profile: The ethnic origin can also play a role in this illness. According to some studies, the Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanic and Asian Americans are at greater risk of diabetes, but it is necessary to be aware that the lifestyle also plays a very important role, principally the meal.
- The age: This is also an important factor, because as we grow old, we are more inclined to acquire this condition.
That’s why today we bring you a very useful recipe that will help youcontrol the levels of your blood sugar!
- 1 carrot
- 2 stems of celery
- Some fresh spinach
- 1/2 a liter of mineral water
- 1 cucumber
Wash the ingredients really well. Put them in a blender along with the water and mix until it becomes homogeneous.